The secret is in the frosting
GELID were also kind enough to supply their own brand thermal paste with a mini-spatula for precise application.
We can also see here that GELID has added to its packaging our Best Performance award as per our review on the GC-1 thermal paste a while back.
After cleaning back the pre-applied thermal gunk to put a fresh layer on the CPU itself, we can see that the back retains the same black anodised aluminium finish as the rest of it. However, quite disappointingly this has not been smoothed down at any point and is quite a rough surface. While I might not be an expert on HS/F's, I'm pretty sure that the contact base is supposed to be flat and smooth as possible in order to maximise contact and minimise thermal material between the two metals.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Conan Exiles alpha screenshots show a brutal and desolate world
- CBS not talking with Apple about streaming TV services anymore
- Unsurprisingly, the PlayStation 4 outsold the Xbox One in January
- Grand Theft Auto Online Valentine's day special, Adversary Mode
- Final Fantasy 14 patch 3.2 begins the Gears of Change
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Кадастровая оценка от Мо
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives