It was clear that SiSoft didn't want to have any part of the modules with quite low numbers being put out. As for EVEREST, performance was similar to slightly better with the OCZ modules and their lower latency.
What was really interesting was that when we fired up Far Cry 2 and ran the default benchmarks the results were highly impressive. The increase isn't huge; the complete opposite really with only a 1 - 2 extra FPS being seen, but the result was consistent in all tests.
Another stand out point on the modules would have to be the quality of the heatsink. What's also good to see is that OCZ hasn't had to use any extra cooling to get the modules to run at these speeds.
What's the cost of all this, though? - Honestly, it's a question you probably don't want an answer to. At 450.99 U.S. Dollars it's the most expensive PC3-16000 kit on Newegg. For most people this kind of memory is simply out of reach; the price is just too high and people could buy a considerably better graphics card with the money saved and go with a 1600MHz kit versus a 2000MHz one.
That said, though, it doesn't mean it won't sell. The timings are aggressive, the real world performance is good and the overall quality is excellent. Sure it would be nice if the modules where cheaper, but it's simply not a realistic option considering the time that goes into making sure the modules are 100% stable at these aggressive timings and speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- Huawei Kirin 970 goes into mass production in September
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers