It was clear that SiSoft didn't want to have any part of the modules with quite low numbers being put out. As for EVEREST, performance was similar to slightly better with the OCZ modules and their lower latency.
What was really interesting was that when we fired up Far Cry 2 and ran the default benchmarks the results were highly impressive. The increase isn't huge; the complete opposite really with only a 1 - 2 extra FPS being seen, but the result was consistent in all tests.
Another stand out point on the modules would have to be the quality of the heatsink. What's also good to see is that OCZ hasn't had to use any extra cooling to get the modules to run at these speeds.
What's the cost of all this, though? - Honestly, it's a question you probably don't want an answer to. At 450.99 U.S. Dollars it's the most expensive PC3-16000 kit on Newegg. For most people this kind of memory is simply out of reach; the price is just too high and people could buy a considerably better graphics card with the money saved and go with a 1600MHz kit versus a 2000MHz one.
That said, though, it doesn't mean it won't sell. The timings are aggressive, the real world performance is good and the overall quality is excellent. Sure it would be nice if the modules where cheaper, but it's simply not a realistic option considering the time that goes into making sure the modules are 100% stable at these aggressive timings and speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Infinite Warfare is Call of Duty's first interplanetary space odyssey
- Radiohead has left the internet
- NVIDIA 365.10 drivers optimized for Overwatch, Forza
- LG fingerprint sensor sits beneath smartphone screen
- Power your phone and find your car with this double-duty device
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched