As I have touched on in my last review of AKAI's very latest USB Turntable, the company has been in the business of electronics for a long, long time. And like any large experienced company, they are moving with the times and offering technology for today's standards.
With so many different forms of media needing to be played back in the average home of today, it seems fitting that AKAI has designed an all-in-one entertainment unit that attempts to handle a large whack of them all at once.
Claiming support for MP3/iPod/CD/DVD/Up-sampled DVD/USB/SD Flash cards/FM radio/Karaoke along with a HDMI output for up-sampled DVDs, we certainly have a lot of support here.
On the downside, because the cost of the unit sits at a thousand dollars large, we do not get support for the biggest and most exciting standard of them all right now; Blu-ray. Was this just an oversight? - It's hard to say at this point.
Given the potential peril associated with trying to do everything at once, the result is that often things get forgotten and nothing gets done well. This is going to be the biggest hurdle for AKAI to overcome with this product right from the start.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent