In the end I come away with no major complaints about the N90Sv. The notebook has decent performance, but doesn't break any performance records. The integrated Blu-ray player is nice, especially when coupled with the great 18-inch screen. The real issue with the N90Sv for me isn't the machines performance as much as it is the price for performance. Much of the cost of the machine is tied up in the Blu-ray drive and the fantastic screen.
If gaming is your bag, the Gateway P-7808u FX is nearly identically priced but offers much higher performance than the N90Sv, but it lacks the Blu-ray option. The N90Sv is a very capable multimedia notebook and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the machine. Just be sure that you plan to use the Blu-ray drive heavily to justify the cost of the machine. If you won't really use the Blu-ray, you can get significantly more performance elsewhere for the same money.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Notebook Shots]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Battery Eater, iTunes and Movie Encoding]
- Page 6 [Hands On Use]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD