The Fan Controller in Action
The green light indicates that the controller is in manual mode. This means that the user can now use the dial at the far end to specify speed with the twist of a finger. This also gives you the first look at the blue LED's in action. This was taken with the fan controller set at its maximum speed allowed. Manual mode gives you full access to the 1000 to 2150 RPM range of the fan.
The controller is now in high (HI) as indicated by the red LED. This setting is set for 1000 to 2150RPM depending on the PWM control settings in the motherboard.
It's a bit tough to discern, but the LED is violet in this image indicating the medium (MED) setting. This setting is rated for RPM's in the 1000 to 1950 range.
And finally, the last setting of the group, the blue LED in this case which is designated the low (LO) speed setting. This time the RPM still start at 1000, but is capped at 1500.
This is what I meant when I said the controller was detachable. No it isn't wireless, although not a bad idea, the fan controller is tethered with the four wire extension. As per the instructions, when you do use this method, be sure to align the white wire as shown in the image. It will not function in the other direction.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset