The Fan Controller in Action
The green light indicates that the controller is in manual mode. This means that the user can now use the dial at the far end to specify speed with the twist of a finger. This also gives you the first look at the blue LED's in action. This was taken with the fan controller set at its maximum speed allowed. Manual mode gives you full access to the 1000 to 2150 RPM range of the fan.
The controller is now in high (HI) as indicated by the red LED. This setting is set for 1000 to 2150RPM depending on the PWM control settings in the motherboard.
It's a bit tough to discern, but the LED is violet in this image indicating the medium (MED) setting. This setting is rated for RPM's in the 1000 to 1950 range.
And finally, the last setting of the group, the blue LED in this case which is designated the low (LO) speed setting. This time the RPM still start at 1000, but is capped at 1500.
This is what I meant when I said the controller was detachable. No it isn't wireless, although not a bad idea, the fan controller is tethered with the four wire extension. As per the instructions, when you do use this method, be sure to align the white wire as shown in the image. It will not function in the other direction.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS