The Fan Controller in Action
The green light indicates that the controller is in manual mode. This means that the user can now use the dial at the far end to specify speed with the twist of a finger. This also gives you the first look at the blue LED's in action. This was taken with the fan controller set at its maximum speed allowed. Manual mode gives you full access to the 1000 to 2150 RPM range of the fan.
The controller is now in high (HI) as indicated by the red LED. This setting is set for 1000 to 2150RPM depending on the PWM control settings in the motherboard.
It's a bit tough to discern, but the LED is violet in this image indicating the medium (MED) setting. This setting is rated for RPM's in the 1000 to 1950 range.
And finally, the last setting of the group, the blue LED in this case which is designated the low (LO) speed setting. This time the RPM still start at 1000, but is capped at 1500.
This is what I meant when I said the controller was detachable. No it isn't wireless, although not a bad idea, the fan controller is tethered with the four wire extension. As per the instructions, when you do use this method, be sure to align the white wire as shown in the image. It will not function in the other direction.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015