In summary, we were very impressed with the Abit KX7-333R. It provides high performance, great stability, a good layout and at a price of around US$115, it is also relatively cheap. Sure, it is not the most feature-packed KT333 motherboard on the market, but you have to remember that Abit is targeting this board at the enthusiast market and it would be impossible to pack the board with integrated features while still keeping a low price. You should also note that Abit has had an integrated, legacy free version of the KX7-333R on the market for some time now, called the AT7.
The four DIMM slots and 6 PCI slots were a welcome addition, however, I was slightly disappointed to see the lack of USB 2.0 support, as this has become standard on most modern motherboards; even ones directed at the budget market. The bottom line is, if you are looking for a low cost, high performance, highly tweakable motherboard for the SocketA platform and don't require any integrated features besides RAID, I highly recommend the Abit KX7-333R.
Highly tweakable BIOS
4 DIMM slots
6 PCI slots
Lacks USB 2.0
Comparatively small software bundle
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit KX7-333R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017