With the package done it's time to check out the card and straight away we can see that there isn't really any difference as far as overall looks go when comparing it to other HD 4890 cards we've looked at which use the reference design.
With that said, though, ASUS has of course added their own sticker to the card to let it stand out from other HD 4890 offerings. We can see the ASUS logo on the sticker and in the center of the fan; we also see a picture of the knight that we saw on the front of the box.
As we've suggested, the card follows the reference design, so looking around we don't see anything too out of the ordinary. Towards the rear of the card we have two 6-pin PCI-E power connectors, while across the top of the card and closer to the front we have our two CrossFire connectors which give us the ability to run up to three cards.
Finally we finish up in the I/O department. Here we have two Dual-Link DVI connectors with a S-Video port sitting in the middle. Above these we have a bunch of vents, which with the cooler design this helps push the hot air out the back of your case.
Out of the box the ASUS HD 4890 Voltage Tweak actually carries with it just reference clocks. This puts the core at 850MHz and the 1GB of GDDR5 memory at 975MHz or 3900MHz QDR. With the Voltage Tweak software installed we took the time to do a bit of overclocking to see what we could achieve.
We moved the core voltage to 1.437v which is up from the stock 1.312v; we then cranked the core up to the highest possible setting which was 1000MHz and then proceeded to spend a bit of time working on the memory. We ended up at 1111MHz or 4444MHz QDR which is a nice jump on the default clocks.
How this translates to performance, we don't know yet. So, let's jump forward to the next page, have a look at our test system and get stuck into the benchmarks to see not only how much extra performance these new settings give us, but what the extra voltage does for the system wattage and cards temperature.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand