The iPhone 3GS is identical to the iPhone 3G in terms of size and appearance. It weighs a little more (one ounce), but that is nothing major. If you put the two phones side by side you would not be able to tell them apart while in sleep mode. However, once you wake the phones up you do begin to see the difference. The new iPhone 3GS has a screen that looks crisper; the images seem sharper and the display a little more vivid. This is mostly due to the increased graphics power brought on by the PowerVR SGX Graphics chip, which has support for OpenGL ES 2.0.
The PowerVR SGX is not the only new thing under the hood, though; Apple has thrown in a faster CPU running at 600MHz Vs the old 3G speed of 412MHz, while the memory in the phone has been doubled (256MB vs 128MB).
The additional speed, memory and graphics processing means more complex applications, faster video response and of course better gaming.
On the OS side of the house Apple has made some nice improvements. They have added in voice control, Multi-Media Messaging, tethering, a digital compass, improved video support, improved security, cut, copy and paste, video recording, geo-tagging (for photographs) and of course a landscape keyboard for texting and e-mail to list a few. But these are mostly surface additions; Apple has also fixed about 45 security issues with the iPhone OS that have been an ongoing concern.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset