After a few days of playing with the new iPhone 3GS I have found myself missing the freedom I had with my jailbroken 3G. It's true that I did not have the speed I have now, but I miss the ability to really make the phone mine. Most of the items that I find myself using would have been available in the 3G with an OS 3.0 upgrade and I would have gotten more with a quick jailbreak.
I do not see the current implementation of Voice Control or the magnetic compass as compelling enough to be worthy of an upgrade if you have a jailbroken 3G with OS 3.0. Even if you are new to the iPhone scene you might still be better off with a $99 8GB 3G and redsn0w.
Considering the hype that was evident at the WWDC launch of the iPhone 3GS, I feel let down by this new release and have been having buyers' remorse, something I have never had with a new gadget before.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications