Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
With most five-pipe cooler configuration coolers, when tested on smaller LGA775 and, as in our case, a socket 939 IHS, the contact pad doesn't always utilize the outer two heatpipes, depending on the spacing within the base. Even with our smaller 939 IHS I was still able to get contact on the majority of the outer two heatpipes. When using an i7 the contact patch would only be better allowing the outer two pipes to take a bit more of the load off the centre three.
Comparing the HP-1216 with a maximum temperature of 57.9 ° Celsius, XtremeGear has done quite a good job in their design and implementation of a good partnering fan. The HP-1216 can hang with both the Xigmatek Thor's Hammer, which CyberPower currently offers, as well as the Noctua NH-U12, both with a single fan.
The noise levels aren't great, comparable to both dual fan set ups on the list. Once inside the case during daily use, the noise is less pronounced. I run my fan directly off the motherboard header and apply 12V constant to it; during games this fan is often eclipsed by my graphics card's fan ramping via its own BIOS settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XtremeGear Xtreme Cooler HP-1216 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20