Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
With most five-pipe cooler configuration coolers, when tested on smaller LGA775 and, as in our case, a socket 939 IHS, the contact pad doesn't always utilize the outer two heatpipes, depending on the spacing within the base. Even with our smaller 939 IHS I was still able to get contact on the majority of the outer two heatpipes. When using an i7 the contact patch would only be better allowing the outer two pipes to take a bit more of the load off the centre three.
Comparing the HP-1216 with a maximum temperature of 57.9 ° Celsius, XtremeGear has done quite a good job in their design and implementation of a good partnering fan. The HP-1216 can hang with both the Xigmatek Thor's Hammer, which CyberPower currently offers, as well as the Noctua NH-U12, both with a single fan.
The noise levels aren't great, comparable to both dual fan set ups on the list. Once inside the case during daily use, the noise is less pronounced. I run my fan directly off the motherboard header and apply 12V constant to it; during games this fan is often eclipsed by my graphics card's fan ramping via its own BIOS settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XtremeGear Xtreme Cooler HP-1216 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has 1080p enhancements on PS4 Pro
- Build your own code-free apps with this 6-course bundle
- Nintendo Switch's battery may only last for 3 hours
- Nintendo Switch not backward compatible with Wii U games
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package