Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On the surface the Torqx looks like just another Indilinx Barefoot controlled drive, but after looking at the other spec sheets we see that Patriot is claiming an additional 10 MB/s read speeds over what we have seen so far. Certainly Patriot has the advantage of time with the Torqx and was able to load the drive with newer firmware.
Another item that gives Patriot a heads up on the other Barefoot drives is the accessory package. Patriot included an adapter so you can install the 2.5 inch Torqx into a 3.5 inch drive bay. It might not be much, but in the cut throat world of consumer SSDs this may be what many consumers need to make a purchasing decision.
More than likely price will still play a large role into which drive you purchase. Newegg currently sells the 128GB Torqx that we are reviewing today for 399.99 USD with free shipping. Newegg also shows the 64GB Torqx in stock for 218.89, but the 256GB heavyweight drive is currently not listed. After a quick search at the massive e-tailer it became clear that the Torqx is the highest cost 128GB SSD. Of the latest round of extremely fast Barefoot controlled drives the G.Skill Falcon 128GB drive lists for 325.00 USD, but the Falcon does not come with the adapter that makes installation in a desktop easy.
The specifications list does not show the 64 MB of cache that is built into the Torqx drive. I feel that this information shouldn't slide by unnoticed. The cache allows the drive to write data at close to double the speed of the Intel X25-M. Let's get a closer look at the Patriot Torqx.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015