Patriot had a very successful run with the Warp Series drives, some of the most sought after JMicron based products that routinely outperformed products from competing SSD manufacturers. In order to distinguish the JMicron drives from the new Indilinx controlled drives, Patriot needed to let go of the Warp product name. The first press release announced the new drive as the Fusion, but in a last minute decision the name was changed to Torqx.
While other companies were rushing to get media and e-tailers their Indilinx SSDs, Patriot was scrambling to get the new packaging ready and the Torqx drives had to sit in a warehouse. With everything finally lining up correctly Patriot is now on a mission to show that with patience comes a superior product. For starters, Patriot was able to update their drives with the latest firmware for the Indilinx Barefoot controller, something that hurt the performance numbers of the G.Skill Falcon when we reviewed it last month. Patriot was also able to react to what enthusiasts were asking for from SSD manufacturers, a way to mount 2.5 inch SSDs into 3.5 inch drive bays.
Today we are going to put the new Patriot Torqx up against other manufacturers SSDs from both the consumer and enterprise markets. How will the Torqx compare? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset