Patriot had a very successful run with the Warp Series drives, some of the most sought after JMicron based products that routinely outperformed products from competing SSD manufacturers. In order to distinguish the JMicron drives from the new Indilinx controlled drives, Patriot needed to let go of the Warp product name. The first press release announced the new drive as the Fusion, but in a last minute decision the name was changed to Torqx.
While other companies were rushing to get media and e-tailers their Indilinx SSDs, Patriot was scrambling to get the new packaging ready and the Torqx drives had to sit in a warehouse. With everything finally lining up correctly Patriot is now on a mission to show that with patience comes a superior product. For starters, Patriot was able to update their drives with the latest firmware for the Indilinx Barefoot controller, something that hurt the performance numbers of the G.Skill Falcon when we reviewed it last month. Patriot was also able to react to what enthusiasts were asking for from SSD manufacturers, a way to mount 2.5 inch SSDs into 3.5 inch drive bays.
Today we are going to put the new Patriot Torqx up against other manufacturers SSDs from both the consumer and enterprise markets. How will the Torqx compare? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'