Patriot had a very successful run with the Warp Series drives, some of the most sought after JMicron based products that routinely outperformed products from competing SSD manufacturers. In order to distinguish the JMicron drives from the new Indilinx controlled drives, Patriot needed to let go of the Warp product name. The first press release announced the new drive as the Fusion, but in a last minute decision the name was changed to Torqx.
While other companies were rushing to get media and e-tailers their Indilinx SSDs, Patriot was scrambling to get the new packaging ready and the Torqx drives had to sit in a warehouse. With everything finally lining up correctly Patriot is now on a mission to show that with patience comes a superior product. For starters, Patriot was able to update their drives with the latest firmware for the Indilinx Barefoot controller, something that hurt the performance numbers of the G.Skill Falcon when we reviewed it last month. Patriot was also able to react to what enthusiasts were asking for from SSD manufacturers, a way to mount 2.5 inch SSDs into 3.5 inch drive bays.
Today we are going to put the new Patriot Torqx up against other manufacturers SSDs from both the consumer and enterprise markets. How will the Torqx compare? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio