Here we are once more folks; it's time to give you some final impressions and to let you, the buying public, decide on where your money is going to land.
For a retail price of a touch under $500 AUD, this turntable is not exactly cheap. However, cheap is not a word included in the audio vocab with great frequency, so on the larger scale it's pretty competitive really.
Does the performance warrant the money being spent? - Well, yes, I feel it does. In fact, AKAI even offer cheaper models; this are focused simply on playback, without the more complex and expensive record function included.
So, we know it offers enough of everything to warrant the price, but how about other facets? - The package comes with everything you need, so that's easy. The manual, well, it has to be said; this is one of the sparsest I've ever seen. There's no-mention of how the direct drive system works and that the drive belt must indeed be fitted to function at all.
But that is no real concern; it just makes life a tiny bit more confusing when setting everything up. However, it doesn't detract from the overall score of the unit and its general performance.
The recording function, while not 'audiophile' in its technical nature, is sure to be a fantastic function for everyone who wants to backup their precious vinyl for good.
To wrap it all up now, long live vinyl as the format for the audiophile! And well done to AKAI for keeping the spirit alive with a quality turntable.
This has been a great change of pace to my usual reviews and I hope you have all enjoyed reading something just a bit different this time around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller