Here we are once more folks; it's time to give you some final impressions and to let you, the buying public, decide on where your money is going to land.
For a retail price of a touch under $500 AUD, this turntable is not exactly cheap. However, cheap is not a word included in the audio vocab with great frequency, so on the larger scale it's pretty competitive really.
Does the performance warrant the money being spent? - Well, yes, I feel it does. In fact, AKAI even offer cheaper models; this are focused simply on playback, without the more complex and expensive record function included.
So, we know it offers enough of everything to warrant the price, but how about other facets? - The package comes with everything you need, so that's easy. The manual, well, it has to be said; this is one of the sparsest I've ever seen. There's no-mention of how the direct drive system works and that the drive belt must indeed be fitted to function at all.
But that is no real concern; it just makes life a tiny bit more confusing when setting everything up. However, it doesn't detract from the overall score of the unit and its general performance.
The recording function, while not 'audiophile' in its technical nature, is sure to be a fantastic function for everyone who wants to backup their precious vinyl for good.
To wrap it all up now, long live vinyl as the format for the audiophile! And well done to AKAI for keeping the spirit alive with a quality turntable.
This has been a great change of pace to my usual reviews and I hope you have all enjoyed reading something just a bit different this time around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes