Setup and Installation
Once everything is unpacked and ready to go, it's a pretty simple task to set the whole thing up and get it going.
However, if you're not familiar with turntables please read on to make sure that it gets setup correctly. Unfortunately the manual does not provide nearly enough information and leaves out completely any information regarding the belt drive system used. Also not explained is how to connect it, which is truly bizarre.
The first thing that must be done is to turn the platter (steel plate) upside down and locate the belt stretched around the circumference of the inner ring of the platter. Now place it down on the base unit and lock it into place by pushing down until it's down all the way and is flat.
Now, the platter has service holes cut into it, so spin the platter until you can look straight through and see the little copper post looking back at you.
Now, feel around and grab that belt mentioned before and stretch it out onto and around the copper post located beneath, just like a simple pulley setup.
The drive system is now ready to go. Place the slip mat down onto the platter and it's time to move across to the tone arm.
There are two jobs here. Firstly, we need to connect the stylus to the front of the tone arm; this is done (carefully) using the clamp on the arm to fasten the stylus in place (once it's lined up with the four locators).
Finally, there is also a dust cover for the needle; make sure to slip it off before use.
The second job here is to fasten the counterweight to the other end of the tone arm where the stylus was connected. The counterweight slips over the end of the poll and can be slid up and down to provide the adequate amount of weight to the needle on the stylus.
Okay then, now that's all done it's time to find an empty power outlet, plug it in and then find the device from which you will be listening back (ie. An amp, PC, etc.). Then use the supplied cable from the turntables right and left to the inputs of your device.
That's the basic setup for playback. For recording there are naturally going to be other steps, but I will cover those a little later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 single player trailer teases Frostbite
- NVIDIA to reveal next-gen Volta architecture at GTC 2017
- Volta-based GeForce cards coming in 2018 with 48GB GDDR6
- NVIDIA to refresh Pascal GPU architecture in 2017
- New 'Doctor Strange' trailer spends time with villain
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now