Testing and Procedure
The procedure for this testing is a bit different from the normal cooler testing I've become accustomed to. This time I started the testing with my Intel E8600, cooled with a Xigmatek Thor's Hammer using two Antec Tri-Cool fans at full speed, housed inside the SilverStone Raven Chassis. Testing is done by booting into Windows and allowing the PC to settle in and calm down for ten minutes. Once the ten minutes was up, I opened Real Temp to get a minimum reading for my processors temperature; then I started the one hour run of OCCT on a medium data set with normal priority. After the one hour test was completed I captured an image of everything still in action for validation. The same procedure was used to attain my numbers with the overclocked CPU on air cooling.
For the second set of tests I used all the same parts, just this time inside the Ikonik Ra X10 Liquid chassis. With my DFI and CMOS Reloaded, I saved the 4 Gigahertz overclock profile and just reloaded it for this testing as well. I have included images of all four tests as well as getting it all together with a couple of charts.
This is the stock clocked E8600 testing with the Xigmatek cooler and SilverStone chassis. At this point we are left with the lowest temperature of 39° and a high end temperature of 52° Celsius.
This test run was at 4GHz, and as you can see the temperatures start with a minimum of 41° and a maximum of 61° Celsius on the second core. These are very acceptable temperatures for the parts and accommodations of this test.
After swapping over the system, I again made a stock run test inside the Ikonik Ra X10 Liquid chassis using the included water cooling. For the stock run I ended up with a degree higher temperature at idle of 40°, but when loaded it maxed a 52° Celsius, which is right on par with the Thor's Hammer testing at this point. All the fans in the Ra X10 Liquid were run on "Performance" settings for these results.
Last but not least was the 4 GHz testing under Ikonik's water cooling. This time the minimum temperature was a touch lower than the stock testing, but what's a degree amongst friends? The maximum temperature with 4GHz testing shows a 2° drop in temperatures over the Xigmatek. To be honest this is about what I would expect from a pre-assembled water cooling system. Again, all the fans in the Ra X10 Liquid were run on "Performance" settings for these results.
I thought I should throw a graph together to make the temperature comparisons a bit easier to comprehend. This way you don't have to flip back and forth through the previous images to get it all straight.
The sound testing favors Ikonik as well, even with ten 80mm fans humming along inside the Ra X10. I know the Antec Tri-Cool fans are in no way the quietest fans on the market, but they are a fair take on the average fan one would buy. I think Ikonik did a wonderful job of giving good airflow with all thirteen fans and still being able to keep sound levels at bay at the highest settings. To attain the idle numbers for the Ikonik I used the "Silent A" setting. Both sets of results were obtained by using the sound meter used in my cooler testing, just this time the meter was held about a foot from the opened side of the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Ikonik Ra X10 Liquid Full Tower Case]
- Page 5 [The Ikonik Ra X10 Liquid Full Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 6 [Inside the Ikonik RA Z10 Liquid Full Tower Case]
- Page 7 [Inside the Ikonik RA Z10 Liquid Full Tower Case - Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY