Package and Contents
First off we start with the package and the contents. For the base boards that are part of the ROG series, ASUS has a simple way for you to identify them on the shelves. All Intel boards use a base blue for the boxes and AMD use green; pretty simple since Intel's business colour is blue and AMD's is green. On the front there is very little info apart from the company logo and the board model number.
On the back, however, ASUS does a good job to complete the picture. ASUS puts marketing info on some of the board's primary features along with a spec sheet that is available on the website and a colour photo on the top right.
Moving along, it's time to look at the user manual. ASUS colours the manual in the same scheme as the box. The user manual is the same usual manual that ASUS provides with its high-end boards, rather large with a lot of info on the board and the included software on the included DVD.
ASUS provides five SATA data and one IDE data cable in its cable bundle. There are no power splitters included so your PSU will need to be up to scratch or you will need to buy them separate.
Lastly on the included accessories list we have two Crossfire data cables for two or four GPU operations as well as a PCI expansion cover with two USB and one FireWire port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN modders have created some truly beautiful custom PCs
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream