Fit and Finish
Looking into the front of the completed build shows both drives are installed, the wiring is connected and we are almost ready to plug it in and try it out.
Turning the Skeleton to the right, you can see there are no clearance issues with graphics cards. If you haven't noticed by now the back half of the 250mm fan shroud is higher than the front. This is to allow for taller coolers and cards to slide easily into place. Another thing to show is the room in the bottom behind the drives. I was able to stuff quite a few of the unused cables into this area and leave an overall clean build, even without a modular PSU.
The rear of the Skeleton even looks clean when completed. The wire tie that was on the tray worked well to hold my 8-pin wire and keep the top fan power wire out of harm's way. I chose to mount my PSU with the fan down for only one reason in the Skeleton and that is based on the fact that the side of the PSU that had the switch needed to be exposed for easy access to it.
The left side view of the Skeleton gives us a view of our GPU mostly, or a sound card if placed in a lower slot. To the right is the nest of wiring I wasn't quite sure what to do with. Antec uses all black wire leads which is good, but they don't leave enough to try to hide them anywhere, so they just have to lay out in the open.
I did pull out the tape measure and from the top of the motherboard to the left side of the fan shrouds bottom most edge is 4.5". So it won't accommodate the largest air coolers, but still offers quite a bit of room for a choice of quite a few coolers.
My biggest issue really was the lack of length of the audio cable. With the board I chose the header is at the far bottom left corner of the board and as you can see, it barely gets there.
Adding power to the Skeleton and starting it up shows both the little blue LED hard drive activity light shining, as well as the illuminated system power button.
These last few shots are to show the 250mm fan in action. This time the fan is on, but the lighting is from the motherboard underneath it; the switch is set to no lighting.
With the switch set to blue.
The switch set to green.
Lastly, with the switch set to red. I know it's hard to see, even with the lights down in the room the red option isn't lit as brilliantly as the other two.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build]
- Page 8 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Cyberpunk 2077 has 'huge living cities,' real-time AI
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- NX will get Nintendo 'back into the race,' says Ubisoft
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now