Removing the three screws I showed earlier allows for the motherboard tray to lift up and slide off the chassis. Antec has already looped a wire management strap to the tray, I assume to help manage the wires coming from the rear I/O panel as well as your choice of video cable. The tray is designed to mimic the angular designs of the Skeleton; this time the design should aid in allowing air to the back of the boards components, helping to keep things cool from underneath.
Again we have the motherboard tray, but this time with the board, RAM, and processor installed and ready to get put back into place and get hooked up to the Skeleton's wiring.
While I was prepping the Skeletons removable components, I also mounted my OCZ GSX 700 watt power supply in the tray. Mounting is done simply by screwing in four screws into the universal grooves and holes in the tray.
As the baggies designate, there are specialized screws to use on your drives. This is a shot of the hard drive screw mounted in the left side of the drive to grab into the quick locking system.
For the exact same reasons, you add a silver screw from the optical drive bag to the right of the DVD drive.
Once the screws are added to the correct corresponding holes, you can just plug them in and slide the drive into place until the tab clicks into place. For normal use with little movement of the Skeleton, this is plenty secure enough to hold the drives in place. However, if I were to travel with this case, I would add a screw or two for security's sake and peace of mind.
Yet another aerial view of the Skeleton, but this time with all the components in place. You can see the 250mm fan covers most of your motherboard and should have no issues aiding in cooling vital components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build]
- Page 8 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20