Super Talent has launched a remarkable product line with the UltraDrive Series. Today we looked at the consumer version UltraDrive ME in 128GB capacity and were once again overwhelmed at how well the Barefoot controller stacks up to Intel's SSD controller products that still cost considerably more for comparable capacity.
If you are a consumer then the UltraDrive ME is great value compared to the Intel drives. There are other Barefoot drives on the market that are cheaper than the UltraDrive ME, but you may have to search for them. At 369.00 USD shipped from Newegg you really can't go wrong with a 128GB drive. How much did you spend on that 150GB Raptor just a few years ago? Even the 256GB UltraDrive ME is a deal at 619.99 when compared to some of the other Barefoot drives. The Runcore 256GB drive we reviewed last week came with a 999.00 price tag.
For the last few days the UltraDrive ME took over storage duty in my notebook and I am happy to report the drive is awesome. Really, how else do you want me to explain instant Outlook access (with 12 email accounts) and boot times that have been cut in half? The stuttering issues that plagued the JMicron drives are now a thing of the past and with prices continuing to fall now is really a good time to purchase your first SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel