I am not getting calls at 2 am the night before a launch day review just yet, but the solid state wars are starting to look like the 3DFX, ATI, Matrox and NVIDIA battles of years past. The new battle fits Intel, JMicron and newcomer Indilinx in the ring. Intel currently has a product that is very fast and on these very pages has been called a product that is two generations ahead of the competition. JMicron filled a large price void where Intel has never been able to compete. Indilinx is the new kid on the block and has leap frogged over any advantage JMicron had with price while competing directly with Intel on the speed front.
We have already reviewed a few products that use the new Indilinx Barefoot controller and have been very pleased with the results. Not only has the new controller performed better than we could have expected, but the cost of the drives they control offers users higher capacity at lower prices than the Intel controller drives.
Today we are taking a look at one of Super Talent's new Indilinx controlled drives, the UltraDrive ME. Super Talent has two product lines that are powered by Indilinx, the consumer UltraDrive ME which uses MLC memory and the UltraDrive LE, the SLC enterprise version.
Today we are going to focus on the MLC based UltraDrive ME and see how it compares to the other MLC Barefoot drives we have tested so far to date. How will the UltraDrive ME compare on the price and performance front? Read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood