I am not getting calls at 2 am the night before a launch day review just yet, but the solid state wars are starting to look like the 3DFX, ATI, Matrox and NVIDIA battles of years past. The new battle fits Intel, JMicron and newcomer Indilinx in the ring. Intel currently has a product that is very fast and on these very pages has been called a product that is two generations ahead of the competition. JMicron filled a large price void where Intel has never been able to compete. Indilinx is the new kid on the block and has leap frogged over any advantage JMicron had with price while competing directly with Intel on the speed front.
We have already reviewed a few products that use the new Indilinx Barefoot controller and have been very pleased with the results. Not only has the new controller performed better than we could have expected, but the cost of the drives they control offers users higher capacity at lower prices than the Intel controller drives.
Today we are taking a look at one of Super Talent's new Indilinx controlled drives, the UltraDrive ME. Super Talent has two product lines that are powered by Indilinx, the consumer UltraDrive ME which uses MLC memory and the UltraDrive LE, the SLC enterprise version.
Today we are going to focus on the MLC based UltraDrive ME and see how it compares to the other MLC Barefoot drives we have tested so far to date. How will the UltraDrive ME compare on the price and performance front? Read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni