Okay, so I've started this review off by saying the phone is pretty mediocre. Let's now look at some redeeming features.
Charging it up and turning it on, we are greeted by the greenness that is WinMo 6.1 and when it boots into the home screen I have to admit the layout is nice and functional.
You have the date and time at the top of the menu so you can easily check it with a quick pull out of the pocket and press of a button. There are little icons with numbers beside them for missed calls, voice mail, sms and email so you can easily see what's new.
Calendar and appointments are neatly arranged and you have little shortcut menus to access music, video playback and pictures stored on the phone.
So it's laid out nicely; it gets some points back for looking good as a phone OS. But let's talk about application juggling on smartphones.
The WinMo OS uses an application manager to look after all the features of the phone you have been using. Each time you do something on the phone, it loads the process as a task and there is even a little task manager tool that you can use to go and kill memory hogging applications.
This is not something that is really necessary on a candybar phone; the most you are going to be doing with it is looking at documents and email while away from your desk and maybe playing a little solitaire.
It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that WinMo was the wrong way to go for this phone. Samsung could have made this a lot better if they had used their nice proprietary OS instead. But moving on...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched