Okay, so I've started this review off by saying the phone is pretty mediocre. Let's now look at some redeeming features.
Charging it up and turning it on, we are greeted by the greenness that is WinMo 6.1 and when it boots into the home screen I have to admit the layout is nice and functional.
You have the date and time at the top of the menu so you can easily check it with a quick pull out of the pocket and press of a button. There are little icons with numbers beside them for missed calls, voice mail, sms and email so you can easily see what's new.
Calendar and appointments are neatly arranged and you have little shortcut menus to access music, video playback and pictures stored on the phone.
So it's laid out nicely; it gets some points back for looking good as a phone OS. But let's talk about application juggling on smartphones.
The WinMo OS uses an application manager to look after all the features of the phone you have been using. Each time you do something on the phone, it loads the process as a task and there is even a little task manager tool that you can use to go and kill memory hogging applications.
This is not something that is really necessary on a candybar phone; the most you are going to be doing with it is looking at documents and email while away from your desk and maybe playing a little solitaire.
It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that WinMo was the wrong way to go for this phone. Samsung could have made this a lot better if they had used their nice proprietary OS instead. But moving on...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league