Moving on to the graphics card we can see that ECS has decided to mix it up in the cooling department. This is the main change we see companies offer. Like most companies we can see it's a pretty big cooler that covers almost the whole card with just a bit of PCB being seen down the right side.
We can of course see that ECS has added a big sticker to the cooler which lets us know the model and brand. In the center we have a fan that sits over the core and behind it we can see a number of aluminum fins that help move the heat off the core.
Looking around the card some more, we see a single 6-pin PCI-E connector at the back of the card, which is a bit interesting since we found ECS included two convertors in the bundle. Here we can also see that ECS is using the tension plate across the top of the card which prevents it bending. While no doubt useful, the best feature of it is the look because it makes the card look meaner and better designed, especially when you have a window in your case.
Closer to the front of the card we have our two SLI connectors which means we can run up to three of these cards together. Next to this we also have the white plug that is used for the loop back cable, which as we've mentioned let's you get sound through the HDMI convertor along with video.
Here we can see that there's nothing too out of the ordinary; we have two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single TV-Out port. As you may have guessed as well, the cooler does make the card a dual slot one which isn't uncommon for mid to high models these days.
Since ECS went to the effort to change the cooler on the model, it was a bit disappointing to see that they didn't do anything with the clocks. Of course that doesn't mean you can't overclock yourself, but it's always nice to see companies give us a bit of a bump in both the core and memory department out of the box.
The default clocks mean we've got a 740MHz core, 1836MHz shader clock and the 1GB of GDDR3 memory coming in at 2000MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives