The GTS 250 continues to be a good model and if you want to game at 1680 x 1050 at high detail or 1920 x 1200 at medium to high then it's a great option for people who don't want to spend big money.
While it's a bit disappointing to see ECS not overclock the card, we can see the cooler does an excellent job of keeping the temperature of the core down while not screaming out any serious dB.
We also find the bundle is a bit on the light side, but this isn't uncommon with ECS products. What we tend to find is that they like to offer a higher valued product and what we have here is a card that performs well at some good resolutions and doesn't cost a bucket load.
We've seen a lot of GTS 250 cards from companies and while the ECS model doesn't stand out from the pack with other brands giving us an overclock and aftermarket cooling, it hits the mark when it comes to value.
If you want a GTS 250 that has a good cooling option, want to overclock yourself or simply don't care about overclocking while not worrying about the bundle, then the ECS GTS 250 is a good option. If you want a bit more and you're happy to spend a few more dollars then you might have a look at some other versions of the model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20