The GTS 250 continues to be a good model and if you want to game at 1680 x 1050 at high detail or 1920 x 1200 at medium to high then it's a great option for people who don't want to spend big money.
While it's a bit disappointing to see ECS not overclock the card, we can see the cooler does an excellent job of keeping the temperature of the core down while not screaming out any serious dB.
We also find the bundle is a bit on the light side, but this isn't uncommon with ECS products. What we tend to find is that they like to offer a higher valued product and what we have here is a card that performs well at some good resolutions and doesn't cost a bucket load.
We've seen a lot of GTS 250 cards from companies and while the ECS model doesn't stand out from the pack with other brands giving us an overclock and aftermarket cooling, it hits the mark when it comes to value.
If you want a GTS 250 that has a good cooling option, want to overclock yourself or simply don't care about overclocking while not worrying about the bundle, then the ECS GTS 250 is a good option. If you want a bit more and you're happy to spend a few more dollars then you might have a look at some other versions of the model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now