The TV-IP422W is very impressive. The functionality TRENDNet put into this makes it a great device for home security. It is very easy to setup, simple to maintain and with its advanced notification and automated event recording it is almost hassle free. I was a little disappointed with the focusing method; I felt an infinite focus or something a little easier to control would have been a better option. As it stands, when you focus your hands end up blocking the view, so getting things exact for the distance you want to see detail for can be complicated.
The multiple viewing possibilities of the TV-IP422W give you a good range of options for how you want to view your content. You can run the TV-IP422W as a completely standalone unit (with a large enough USB key you do not even need network storage) or you can setup a dedicated system and monitor your setup through Secure View. RTSP capabilities round out the package and give you access to your camera from almost anywhere.
The price is a little high, but more than worth it for what you are getting realistically. When you consider the functions and capabilities packed into the TV-IP422W, you really do get your money's worth. I can envision the TV-IP422W as an entry monitor for your home. The two-way audio can let you communicate with anyone on the other side of the door while you are able to view them in safety. But the TV-IP422W does not stop there; it would also be at home for monitoring the inside of your house while you are away or in an office to monitor secured or sensitive areas (like a server room). It really does have a host of functions and uses.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Camera]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Web Configuration]
- Page 6 [Web Configuration - Continued]
- Page 7 [Secure View Software]
- Page 8 [Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017