Web Configuration - Continued
The next section is a very important one, the event server configuration. Here you can setup what the TV-IP422W should o when a preset event happens (such as motion detected). Your options are FTP, E-Mail and Network Storage. They are pretty self explanatory, but important to configure properly.
As I mentioned above, the TV-IP422W has the ability to detect motion. There are two areas that the system will look for rapid changes. The areas can be moved around and resized to suit your needs. You can also set the sensitivity of each section.
Now that we have setup our motion detection field and told the TV-IP422W what responses we want, we can setup the rest of the event configuration. On the General page you setup very basic options such as the prefix you want the files named, the length of time you want the camera to record etc.
Next to setup are the schedules. Although you do not have to setup a schedule, it is nice to have different ones for different times. For example, if you are home every evening during the week you might setup one to only operate from 7:30am to 6:00pm and then start again after 10:30pm and run until 5:00am. The scheduling system is very flexible and allows you a great deal of control over when your TV-IP422W will alert you / record events.
On the Motion Detect Trigger you can setup what the system should do in the event it detects motion in the predefined areas. This is a great feature and again TRENDNet gives us a good deal of control and flexibility. There are your usual options; trigger (such as an alarm), save to a connected USB device, record to storage, E-Mail and FTP upload.
You will notice that on the FTP and E-Mail settings you can tell the system to send you images before AND after the event. This means you can see what happened even before the system knew there was a problem, giving you a clearer picture of what is going on.
The schedule trigger page is a little misleading; it is not a trigger, it is a complete setting. In other words, if you check enable for e-mail and you set the interval to 20 seconds, the TV-IP422W will send you an e-mail every 20 seconds. Be careful with these settings.
The GPIO Trigger options are the same as those for Motion Detection.
The tools page gives you options for rebooting, resetting, backing up your configuration and updating the Firmware.
The USB settings allow you to dismount any directly connected devices as well as to determine what the TV-IP422W should do once the disk is full.
The information page does just what it says.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Camera]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Web Configuration]
- Page 6 [Web Configuration - Continued]
- Page 7 [Secure View Software]
- Page 8 [Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017