Since we were already in the Web Configuration page, we will simply continue and show you just how configurable the TV-IP422W really is.
The first place we need to top is the Date & Time setup. Here you will change the settings to match your local time zone and either set the TV-IP422W to sync up with your computer, use a Network Time Server or manually enter the date and time.
Next we move to the User setup; here you can create additional users and set their level of access. You have three choices for users;
Administrator - this level has full control over all setup and configuration of the camera.
General User - this level allows for the user to control the functions of the camera available in the live view page, such as pan and tilt, snapshot and listening to the audio.
Guest - a guest user is only able to view the live view; they have no ability to control the camera at all.
From the basic settings we move to the Networking link. Here you can set the IP address, gateway, DNS, etc. for the TV-IP422W. You also have options for Dynamic DNS, Universal Plug and Play and Bonjour. As an extra bonus you can change the ports that the camera uses for real time streaming and the main web configuration utility.
You also have the option to filter which IP addresses you want to be able to view or connect to the TV-IP422W as well as setup all of your wireless networking options.
The Pan/Tilt section allows you to control how much the TV-IP422W moves when you use the control buttons in the viewer. You can set the length of the move from 1 to 20 degrees. You can also set the length of time the camera will remain in any one place during Auto Patrolling.
Advanced options for the TV-IP422W's camera can be found under Video/Audio. Here you have options to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and mirroring the camera due to mounting. You can adjust the camera to the frequency of light to eliminate flicker. There are options for 50 and 60Hz as well as outdoor.
You can also stamp the live view (recordings and snapshots) with a date time stamp.
Next up is the video quality settings. You have two encoding options, MPEG4 and MJPEG. MPEG4 is going to have a higher compression ratio and take up less bandwidth and system resources while MJPEG is a little bit better quality but more resource intensive. You can select the resolution type, video quality and frame rate settings to match your needs and wants.
The 3GPP setting is for RealTime streaming out to connected devices including to compatible smart phones (which does not include the iPhone); you can chose to stream just video or both video and audio.
On the Audio page you can enable and disable audio recording and speaker out. You also have a volume adjustment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Camera]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Web Configuration]
- Page 6 [Web Configuration - Continued]
- Page 7 [Secure View Software]
- Page 8 [Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Bungie is making PC specific tweaks to Destiny 2
- Project CARS 2 will run upscaled res on Xbox One X
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced