Specifications, Availability and Pricing
NZXT has built the Panzerbox completely of aluminum. During the process of assembly, all connections made to other pieces inside the case get welded together versus the standard rivets I am used to seeing. The Panzerbox measures up almost square, if not for the slight angle of the front top section. NZXT says the case is 244mm wide, or about 9.5" wide, and both the front to back and top to bottom measurements come in at 455mm or just under 18" tall or deep. The Panzerbox includes room for up to three 5.25" drives, all of which are external, nd can support up to four 3.5" Internal drives in two separate locations. Even as I lifted the Panzerbox off my porch, I realized this case was really light compared to most of the cases I have reviewed recently. NZXT ships the Panzerbox with an empty weight of 6.3 kilograms, or just under 14 pounds for those still on the Imperial system. With all this compact design and superior cooling, it can all be put to good use and still accept 10.5" graphics cards. Talk about the basic beginnings of a LAN sleeper rig!
The Cooling of the NZXT Panzerbox boasts over 300 CFM of airflow with just the top and front fans being added into that figure. Both the top fan and the front panel intake fans are 190mm each and both are rated to 150 CFM. All this wind power is accomplished with a relatively slow 100 RPM, which should help battle the roar I was accustomed to in my Antec 900. NZXT also supplies a 120mm rear exhaust fan, but does not sell them separately to check, nor do they provide any information for this fan. Going on a basic guess I would say it's about 80 CFM by feel, which makes this case a lot closer to 400 CFM of air circulation.
Availability at this time is still zero. The release to retailers was projected for late April. Well here we are and it still isn't on any shelves, last I checked. I can only assume these cases are in transit to your local retailers and hopefully to Newegg as well. As with other cases from NZXT, once they hit shelves stock is usually plentiful. I see no issues getting a Panzerbox from NZXT once they are ready to sell.
Pricing, last I saw, was projected in the $120 price range. At this price point there is pretty stiff competition in mid towers, as well as a select few full tower chassis'. For instance, the Cooler Master Storm Scout and HAF cases, Antec 900, Lian Li PC-60 series, as well as many other quality cases already have a strong foothold in this segment. While the Panzerbox takes concepts of a lot of other cases and rolls them all into one complete package, let's see if NZXT deserves the price that these other accomplished competitors are commanding.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset