GIGABYTE's UD4P variant comes packed in their traditional white box for mainstream boards. This box is not oversized so we can easily tell that the accessories bundle will be a lot lighter than their high-end DQ series boards. However, we aren't aiming for bells and whistles here as we are trying to keep things down in price. The front of the box has some art work denoting the Ultra Durable 3 technology that the board is based around.
For those who don't know what UD3 is, this comprises three sets of new features added into the board. First off, feature one is solid state capacitors and chokes rather than electrolyte caps and copper wound chokes. The next feature is a 2 ounce copper layer running through the PCB and its aim is to remove excess heat from vital components such as the base of the CPU, memory and voltage regulation systems as well as reducing EMI interference that prevents overclocking. Lastly is the DES Advanced system that is designed to save power by shutting down unnecessary voltage phases when the CPU is in idle and light loads.
On the back of the box GIGABYTE has put a lot of marketing hype about its new 2 ounce copper layer inside the PCB and how it's supposed to help. However, we would have rather seen more info on the board itself including a larger colour picture of the board; this is what people want to see as it helps customers identify if the board is right for them.
GIGABYTE provides two user manuals in the box; one is the standard novel size containing all the info on the board, BIOS, hardware and software that is included on the driver and software DVD. The DVD also has drivers and software for XP and Vista in 32-bit and 64-bit variants. The second manual is a multilingual guide book, basically a quick start manual in multiple languages.
Lastly in this section are the accessories. GIGABYTE provides in the UD4P series four SATA-II data cables which include locks that prevent the cable from coming out in transport or snagged by the user when installing hardware. An IDE cable with two drive support and a FDD cable make up the additional accessories. This is a light bundle, but enough to get you started.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New chip could charge your phone in 10 minutes, Samsung interested
- 2nd-gen MSI ECO series motherboards debut
- Raspberry Pi Zero is a $5 programmable computer
- ASUS celebrates 20 years of making GPUs with GTX 980 Ti Golden Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family