TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
I was asked not too long ago in the forums why I test Core i7 coolers on the standard test bed. My answer is simply this. I don't own a Core i7 system yet. I do feel however that our simulation still gives these coolers a good torture test to use as a comparison.
My take on the subject is this, if it does well on our test rig it will still do well on your i7 and vice versa. From what I have been reading the Core i7 processors run a bit hotter than the LGA775 processors clock for clock, you just need to expect a bit higher temperature readings than mine.
With all that out of the way, the Buffalo tests reveal that it comes in about average for our tested coolers performance. To me 59° idle temps and 64.2°C load temps are pushing it on 65nm LGA775 processor comfort levels, let alone if it actually was used on an overclocked Core i7 processor.
The sound levels I recorded are not all that bad, maximizing at 57 dB under 12V of power. They aren't pushing any envelopes in cooler quietness, but it is a fairly quiet solution.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Evercool Buffalo HPFI-10025 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99