Real-World OpenGL Benchmarks
Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a range of different products.
Here we get the real-world 3D picture of the Leadtek board based on the nForce chipset compared to the other AMD platform leaders. Using external graphics does give reasonable performance, but using the onboard graphics is totally out of the question.
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Voyager is a real-world OpenGL benchmark. Based on the Quake III Arena engine, this game is a OpenGL master utilizing DirectX 8. We also apply the new Opt3D patch to allow for the use of Hardware T&L's use as well as new optimizations for AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 SSE2.
Again, the nForce powered Leadtek motherboard falls well behind the pack.This is getting to be a very bad habit.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has much improved graphics over its predecessor. It fully supports advanced shaders as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: "C:Star Wars JK II Jedi OutcastGameDatajk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Jedi Knight II really shows just how much the Leadtek board falls behind. Jedi Knight II is 3D accelerator dependent and those accelerators depend on good memory throughput.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 3 [Features]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio