Real-World OpenGL Benchmarks
Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a range of different products.
Here we get the real-world 3D picture of the Leadtek board based on the nForce chipset compared to the other AMD platform leaders. Using external graphics does give reasonable performance, but using the onboard graphics is totally out of the question.
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Voyager is a real-world OpenGL benchmark. Based on the Quake III Arena engine, this game is a OpenGL master utilizing DirectX 8. We also apply the new Opt3D patch to allow for the use of Hardware T&L's use as well as new optimizations for AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 SSE2.
Again, the nForce powered Leadtek motherboard falls well behind the pack.This is getting to be a very bad habit.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has much improved graphics over its predecessor. It fully supports advanced shaders as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: "C:Star Wars JK II Jedi OutcastGameDatajk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Jedi Knight II really shows just how much the Leadtek board falls behind. Jedi Knight II is 3D accelerator dependent and those accelerators depend on good memory throughput.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 3 [Features]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aussie telecom Optus offers free Xbox One with Microsoft Lumia order
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis