Leadtek is more well known for their Video card line than motherboards. In fact, I doubt that I have really ever seen one out there. Though I haven't looked hard, something like this would stand out. Leadtek has recently entered the motherboard domain with a select few products.
Leadtek have only made three boards of late for the AMD Athlon products. First made was the Winfast 7350KDA that was based on the SiS 735 chipset, a very impressive chipset I must say and a wise choice on their part. The other two Athlon motherboards are the K7N415DA and the K7N420DA, the latter, which we are reviewing today. The K7N415DA is based on nVidia's nForce 415 chipset and the K7N420DA is based on the original nForce 420D chipset. In my personal opinion, I believe the use of nForce chipsets by motherboard manufacturers is more of a relations issue than a better product issue. With test results coming out showing that the nForce is rather under-powered, especially when compared to KT333 and even KT266A, why would anyone choose to use nForce?
This is most likely because Leadtek are prime buyers of nVidia's video chipsets, and trying to push the nForce might curry some favors from nVidia. After all, look at Gigabyte, DFI and Biostar. They aren't doing any video cards and they have no nForce boards because of its slack performance. We have seen in the past that boards based on the nForce chipsets display somewhat less than stellar performance. Will this be the case here? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 3 [Features]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20