Leadtek is more well known for their Video card line than motherboards. In fact, I doubt that I have really ever seen one out there. Though I haven't looked hard, something like this would stand out. Leadtek has recently entered the motherboard domain with a select few products.
Leadtek have only made three boards of late for the AMD Athlon products. First made was the Winfast 7350KDA that was based on the SiS 735 chipset, a very impressive chipset I must say and a wise choice on their part. The other two Athlon motherboards are the K7N415DA and the K7N420DA, the latter, which we are reviewing today. The K7N415DA is based on nVidia's nForce 415 chipset and the K7N420DA is based on the original nForce 420D chipset. In my personal opinion, I believe the use of nForce chipsets by motherboard manufacturers is more of a relations issue than a better product issue. With test results coming out showing that the nForce is rather under-powered, especially when compared to KT333 and even KT266A, why would anyone choose to use nForce?
This is most likely because Leadtek are prime buyers of nVidia's video chipsets, and trying to push the nForce might curry some favors from nVidia. After all, look at Gigabyte, DFI and Biostar. They aren't doing any video cards and they have no nForce boards because of its slack performance. We have seen in the past that boards based on the nForce chipsets display somewhat less than stellar performance. Will this be the case here? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 3 [Features]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Leadtek K7N420DA - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- New leak confirms Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 design
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller