Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The G.Skill Falcon is based on multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash. Traditionally MLC has been slower than SLC drives, but since the cost is considerably lower with MLC, the development has progressed much faster. We are now starting to see MLC drives that are faster than SLC drives that have been on the market for just a couple of months.
A large portion of MLC drives new found speed can be attributed with the cache system. The Falcon Series of drives use 64MB of cache and our 128GB sample has a claimed speed of 230MB/s read with 190MB/s write. At the time of writing the Falcon was available in 64, 128 and 256GB capacities. Newegg currently lists the 128GB Falcon for 319 USD with free shipping. To put things into perspective, the OCZ Vertex that is based on the same controller is listed at 425 USD with free shipping for the 120GB model.
While you are catching up with the math I will go ahead and start showing you what the G.Skill Falcon is all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform