Specifications, Availability and Pricing
AZZA has chosen to build the main body and doors of Japanese, SECC steel, while to top and front covers are plastic. They cover about 3/4 of the front with a black anodized aluminum door that opens to reveal the optical drives, which is also continued at the bottom of the face plate. The Fantom 900 is a mid tower chassis, but boasts some nice features. These include the 230mm, blue, LED fans located in the door and the top. AZZA has chosen to use a 140mm intake fan, which is also lit with blue LED's. The exhaust fan is a more basic issue 120mm with no LED's to light it.
The Fantom 900 is built to utilize up to four hard drives in the included cage that contains the intake fan. Above the cage there is room to house up to five optical drives. AZZA has added holes for water cooling hoses to pass through the rear of the case, and even perforated the floor for the addition of even more airflow if desired. With the Fantom 900, AZZA has even included hardware for the use of a floppy drive as well. Looks to me like AZZA has covered all the basic necessities so far, but I need to see it all in action before I make any final judgments.
There are Fantom 900's out there, just at this time they are in fact hard to find. Google shopping leads me to one e-tailer who stocks the AZZA case other than E-bay. The price posted there seems about right to compete for the all mighty dollar in the mid tower market. Even though the selection of e-tailers is limited at this time, please be patient if this case makes your "must have" list, the Fantom 900 is relatively new to the scene and will need a little more time to show up on more shelves than it is at this time.
From the link above, the AZZA Fantom 900 was priced at $79.95 and I can only assume there is shipping on top of that to figure into the equation. I liked the take that AZZA presented to me. They planned to ship this case, in the beginning, to e-tailers in the range of $89-109, which the price I posted is a deal. Then AZZA goes on to explain that they anticipate a point where they can offer the Fantom 900 to the public at a really good price of $59.99. Time will tell if that day comes to fruition for us, the buyers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [TheAZZA Fantom 900 Mid Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the AZZA Fantom 900 Mid Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build]
- Page 8 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20