After all the testing and searching for information, I am left with a mediocre feeling about the Tranformer 4. The performance is weaker than the average cooler on the list and with no price to say something cute like, "well the cooler is only $20, so you get what you pay for." I just can't say anything based on bang for the buck. Evercool has pretty much left us in the dark on this matter.
The complaint list on this cooler isn't all that long, but I do need to address a couple issues as I see it. First, I think better packaging techniques are in order. From my look at things, this cooler went into the package damaged. Quality Control in the packaging shouldn't be lax enough to allow this to happen. Secondly, the performance as a whole isn't all that good, even with two fans. I really think 90% of end users would take a bit more noise to keep their processors at a more comforting temperature level. Lastly is the fact that even though the Transfomer 4 is available to the masses, I'm having a really tough time trying to locate one.
With everything all wrapped into one completed package from Evercool, to say the least, I for one am not too impressed. To be blatantly obvious, I wouldn't advise someone to buy this cooler at a $30 price range. For a few more dollars you could step into the Xigmatek line-up or even the Mugen 2 I have just recently reviewed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Evercool Transformer 4 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon Pro 400 series finds a home with Apple
- Nintendo Switch may use USB Type-C for power
- Titanfall 2 post-launch DLC will be 100% free
- Apple's new MacBook Pro powered by AMD Polaris GPU
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications