Accessories and Documentation
Inside of the white "goodie" box, as I like to refer to it, is all of this hardware. Up top, there are the two back plates for securing the cooler. The left one is the LGA1366 back plate and to the right is the universal K8, AM2, and LGA775 back plate, which is flip-able depending on AMD or Intel use.
Below these and to the left is one of the many baggies you receive. This and the one to the right are washers to place on the motherboard during installation. Between these are four brass mounting spacers that are used for all three mounts on the right hand back plate. These are above the universal top plate that utilizes a groove in both directions to stabilize the cooler better when mounted. The bottom row consists of the supplied thermal compound on the left, four thumb screws for use in mounting the top plate and lastly, four Phillip's head screws that mount the brass spacers to the motherboard.
I looked pretty good for instructions for the Transformer 4 and found none inside the packaging anywhere. However, looking on Evercool's web site, I found they do provide a hosted set of instructions here.
Looking at what they provide there and a bit of basic mechanical aptitude made this cooler a breeze to install. In my opinion, with the packages being labelled for the washers, everything was pretty easy to figure out on my own. The back plate is isolated from the factory, so I assumed the washers go on top of the board and isolate the cooler from the motherboard. Verifying I was correct in my guess in the washer placement, I looked at the site just to be sure. Handy to have instructions readily available on the web site, but if the buyer is dismantling his only rig, how is he to get any help? I would have liked to have seen a set placed in the box as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Evercool Transformer 4 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Learn everything Java with the Ultimate Java Bundle
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- G.SKILL stacks up a monstrous 128GB DDR4-3466 RAM in quad-channel demo
- Intel's next-gen Skylake-E processor will arrive in LGA 3647 socket
- OCZ displays RD400 series SSD for hardcore gamers, reads at 2.6GB/sec
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series