The TEG-240WS is intended as an enterprise class product, but it has some significant performance improvements that make it work in a LAN Party setup or in a mixed home network for the enthusiast or Pro-Sumer. Advanced features like Jumbo Frame, Trunking, IGMP and VLANs make it a very versatile product.
The VLAN feature makes it practical to use as a single solution for a home office, home network, console network setup while the TEG-240WS' processor has the power to keep all of those networks running at top speed.
As the lines blur between what was formerly an enterprise only configuration and what we see in the future for home networks, products like the TEG-240WS will find their way into more and more homes. The price tag of249.99 USD will be a small price to pay for the features and functions, while products like Windows Home Server, Sage Media Server and other home media servers will only serve to quicken the trip of the TEG-240WS and its smaller bother, the 16-port TEG-160WS into the home.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99