Foxconn has gone with the traditional Award Modular v6 BIOS that we all know and love; though with EFI now being demonstrated for motherboards, why are we still dealing with a setup that was around during the first PC?
The Advanced Chipset feature menu allows you to tweak some of the PCI Express options, but the bulk of them are found under the Quantum Force menu.
To tweak up the system Quantum Force has quite a bit of tweaking options available under a few of the dedicated sub menus; group bus tweaking, voltages and ratios all in their own separate sections.
While having quite a few options in BIOS overclocking, the board only managed to hit a max FSB of 150MHz and anything above this would cause the board to simply hang at POST. We did manage to do quite a bit of tweaking, but with not as much time as a hardcore overclocker. However, if you can't really push above 150MHz starting off, it's going to be a harder board to tweak.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording