Foxconn has gone with the traditional Award Modular v6 BIOS that we all know and love; though with EFI now being demonstrated for motherboards, why are we still dealing with a setup that was around during the first PC?
The Advanced Chipset feature menu allows you to tweak some of the PCI Express options, but the bulk of them are found under the Quantum Force menu.
To tweak up the system Quantum Force has quite a bit of tweaking options available under a few of the dedicated sub menus; group bus tweaking, voltages and ratios all in their own separate sections.
While having quite a few options in BIOS overclocking, the board only managed to hit a max FSB of 150MHz and anything above this would cause the board to simply hang at POST. We did manage to do quite a bit of tweaking, but with not as much time as a hardcore overclocker. However, if you can't really push above 150MHz starting off, it's going to be a harder board to tweak.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience