ATI has done what they do best here; create a graphics card that offers good value for money. In typical ATI style, it's not the fastest card on the market, but that doesn't come as much of a surprise considering the $109.99 USD price point.
While we compared it to all these cards here today, the main thing we want to know is what exactly the card is capable of and the type of user who should buy this. Well, this card is going to suit a large line-up of people; anyone with a 22" monitor that outputs 1680 x 1050 and wants to game with mid to high detail is going to love this card.
For the price you really can't go wrong; the only other people that should probably look at this card are people who game at 1920 x 1200 very rarely. They want something that gives them a little bit of a punch and don't mind having the settings in the low to mid range area. Even if you own a 1920 capable monitor, you could move from the native res down to 1680 x 1050 and play at the mid to high settings we just suggested.
It's good to see GIGABYTE has bumped the memory speed up, but what this does for overall performance we don't know since it's the first HD 4770 we've looked at. No doubt the memory increase will give us a small performance increase as well, which is always appreciated.
As for the bundle, it's all very standard for a mid-range card. We've got everything we need to get up and running and it's nice to see that GIGABYTE has chosen to include a DVI to HDMI connector. We also see that GIGABYTE has opted for a different cooler, but how this differs to the stock one we again don't know since it's the first HD 4770 we've looked at.
All in all we've got a good model here from ATI that lets the company dip its toes into 40nm technology; a very positive step. No doubt in the near future we will see the higher end models make use of the same technology bringing heat, power and price down while bringing performance, performance and performance up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup