Accessories and Documentation
Here we have the F.M.S.B., or Flip Mount Super Back-plate, in the centre, and all the appropriate mounting brackets for each of the eight socket types the Mugen 2 can be used with. The F.M.S.B. is painted black and covered in thick, high density foam to isolate it from and shorts off the back of the motherboard as well. The brackets are all countersunk and threaded on the mounting ends as all the mounting is done through the back of the motherboard.
Also included in the "goodie box" is another bag with hardware included. This bag contains four metal spacers, four nylon washers, Scythe's own TIM, and twelve Phillips head screws for various parts of the installation. At this point you're probably thinking, what's with the Torx wrench? Well, Scythe includes this for the LGA1366 applications as it requires the latching mechanism to be removed, which requires this wrench.
As you can see, the direction for mounting the Mugen 2 to the various sockets is relatively easy to do. This side shows all but one mounting solution; the LGA1366 gets the majority of the flip side and the instructions for mounting the fan to the cooler if you are unfamiliar with using the wire type fan mounts.
Everything is very simple to follow; the only issue is the fact that you have to remove the motherboard for the Mugen 2 installation. This tends to be a trend that I see a lot of cooler manufacturers doing. I just wish the case manufacturers would get on the ball and punch a hole behind the CPU in the case as a standard feature. I t would make mounting these types of coolers so much simpler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- Turn into a certified hacker with premium training
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller