Accessories and Documentation
Here we have the F.M.S.B., or Flip Mount Super Back-plate, in the centre, and all the appropriate mounting brackets for each of the eight socket types the Mugen 2 can be used with. The F.M.S.B. is painted black and covered in thick, high density foam to isolate it from and shorts off the back of the motherboard as well. The brackets are all countersunk and threaded on the mounting ends as all the mounting is done through the back of the motherboard.
Also included in the "goodie box" is another bag with hardware included. This bag contains four metal spacers, four nylon washers, Scythe's own TIM, and twelve Phillips head screws for various parts of the installation. At this point you're probably thinking, what's with the Torx wrench? Well, Scythe includes this for the LGA1366 applications as it requires the latching mechanism to be removed, which requires this wrench.
As you can see, the direction for mounting the Mugen 2 to the various sockets is relatively easy to do. This side shows all but one mounting solution; the LGA1366 gets the majority of the flip side and the instructions for mounting the fan to the cooler if you are unfamiliar with using the wire type fan mounts.
Everything is very simple to follow; the only issue is the fact that you have to remove the motherboard for the Mugen 2 installation. This tends to be a trend that I see a lot of cooler manufacturers doing. I just wish the case manufacturers would get on the ball and punch a hole behind the CPU in the case as a standard feature. I t would make mounting these types of coolers so much simpler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- American Crime Story will stream exclusively on Netflix
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio