Accessories and Documentation
Here we have the F.M.S.B., or Flip Mount Super Back-plate, in the centre, and all the appropriate mounting brackets for each of the eight socket types the Mugen 2 can be used with. The F.M.S.B. is painted black and covered in thick, high density foam to isolate it from and shorts off the back of the motherboard as well. The brackets are all countersunk and threaded on the mounting ends as all the mounting is done through the back of the motherboard.
Also included in the "goodie box" is another bag with hardware included. This bag contains four metal spacers, four nylon washers, Scythe's own TIM, and twelve Phillips head screws for various parts of the installation. At this point you're probably thinking, what's with the Torx wrench? Well, Scythe includes this for the LGA1366 applications as it requires the latching mechanism to be removed, which requires this wrench.
As you can see, the direction for mounting the Mugen 2 to the various sockets is relatively easy to do. This side shows all but one mounting solution; the LGA1366 gets the majority of the flip side and the instructions for mounting the fan to the cooler if you are unfamiliar with using the wire type fan mounts.
Everything is very simple to follow; the only issue is the fact that you have to remove the motherboard for the Mugen 2 installation. This tends to be a trend that I see a lot of cooler manufacturers doing. I just wish the case manufacturers would get on the ball and punch a hole behind the CPU in the case as a standard feature. I t would make mounting these types of coolers so much simpler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- StarCraft Korean legend 'Flash' retires
- Microsoft dev streams Halo 5 from Xbox One to HoloLens
- Samsung announces new OEM 750 Series SSDs with corporate warranty
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China