The Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Cooler
You now can easily see what I meant about "virtually" five separate coolers; one surrounding each chrome capped, copper heatpipe. The reason I say virtually is that if you look closely, you can see the bottom fin and about sixteen fins from there, there are solid fins to keep the five fin arrays structurally sound.
Moving further down, to get a closer look at what's going on under the 47 fin tower. You can see that Scythe's heatpipes surround a pre-cooler. The addition of this aluminum cooler to the top of the base can utilize case airflow to aide in the overall efficiency of the cooler. The copper heatpipes are mounted between this aluminum cooler and a nickel plated copper base.
Turning the Mugen 2 to the right gives yet another way the airflow can be directed through this cooler. Scythe has incorporated fan mounting options on both this side as well as the previous side.
The top of the Mugen 2 has ten chrome plated, hex head caps for each end of the five heatpipes; these match nicely against the aluminum fins. Notice each of the corners of the fins are double notched. This allows for coolers to be placed on any side of this cooler in any configuration you see fit for your specific case.
Doing most of the work is the base of the Mugen 2. Testing this base against a razor showed me that it is in fact very flat. The slight fine markings you see in the image are not as noticeable to the naked eye, it appears more mirror like under normal examination.
Here we have the 120mm fan mounted to the long side of the Mugen 2. You can see the fan does a nice job of covering the fin area, leaving room at both the top and the bottom. I did find during testing that having the fan a bit lower seemed to help temperatures, as some of the fan was blowing more at the pre-cooler in the base.
Another angle of the fan mounted to the long side to give you an idea of what it will look like installed in your machine.
As I mentioned, with the corners being double notched, the fan or fans can be placed on the short side as well. The fan now more than covers the fin area it needs to blow into, but has a longer path in this configuration. This is due to the M.A.P.S, or Multiple Airflow Pass-through Structure, simply meaning that the Mugen 2 is designed to work just as well in both airflow directions.
Once again, I am showing the fan mounted on the short side, again for perspective of how it would look in your case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS