TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
As you can plainly see, temperatures in either test are nothing to write home about. In defence of Thermaltake with my take on this is, for the average user this cooler is going to perform well in comfortable temperature ranges; it just isn't something I would recommend taking your processor to extremes on. Considering this is accomplished with a very quiet 58 CFM fan, I realize that quiet doesn't always equal cool. By no means is 62.9° Celsius hot, just a bit on the warm side. Today's 45nm processors can take that sort of temp all day long; it's more about personal comfort with each buyer.
Here is where I was really surprised! The single fan testing was very impressive, to, well, dead silent. With the Pure Silence ISGC fan 12 accompanying the ISGC-300, it was even quieter than the Noctuas I had previously tested. Granted, this cooler doesn't perform as well as the same Notctua cooler, but this is Thermaltake's first leap into the silent market and they have definitely got a full grasp on this half of the equation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake ISGC-300 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card