Installation of the Cuirassiers
The first step in installation is to remove the silicone from its plastic protection and lay it on the IC's. For this section of the testing, I took a sharp hobby knife and removed all the blue tape from the IC's, prior to laying down the silicone. The remaining tape is there to secure the wire and temperature diode next to the IC.
By lying a spreader on the silicone in the previous image, flipping over the memory and repeating the same procedure, all that is left is to screw the halves together. This is a completed image of the tested memory.
There are two things I want to point out here. First is that you can tell when the Cuirassiers are installed, they are only as long at the spread of the IC's on the PCB; meaning they don't go completely to the end of the PCB, allowing for better clearance in motherboards. The second reason was to show how well the Cuirassiers make contact with the IC's themselves.
Due to the proximity of my DIMM slots on my Foxconn X38A motherboard being so close, I wouldn't have been able to run these if I had to use a 1-2 or 3-4 DIMM arrangement for dual channel. This board uses a 1-3 and 2-4 configuration, so it wasn't an issue in my instance.
Here is a final look at the Cuirassiers in all their splendid glory. I find the look is unique and the black sides would make them virtually disappear when placed on a black motherboard. With cable management and "stealthing" parts in the case these days, the Cuirassiers are one good way to "plate" your, not so pretty, plain PCB memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Cuirassier-N002]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Memory and Preparation]
- Page 7 [Installation of the Cuirassiers]
- Page 8 [Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity