The Xigmatek Cuirassier-N002
Here we have both Cuirassiers from opposite sides. Both are topped with a ten fin array for additional cooling, each half containing five if those. The Cuirassiers can be separated easily by removing the three Phillip's head screws and gently lifting off one half.
After removal of the three screws, this is what you are left with. The extruded aluminum is molded on both sides to accept the depth needed to nestle IC's in both halves. I would imagine with some modification these could be used for single sided memory, but as you can tell, the Cuirassiers are not designed out of the box to work with less than double sided memory. You can also tell, once split, how each half has a different stagger to the aluminum fins allowing them to slide between each other when reassembled.
Xigmatek used a pressed on approach to the fins. This allows them to be adjusted as well, if you do have any mishaps, or even possibly drop it. The fins can be easily re-bent and adjusted back into proper alignment, if needed.
Looking at half of the fins from the top, you can see there is also a toothed design cut into the fins. This allows both halves again to nestle right into each other and create a good sized, in surface area, fin arrangement.
Just to get another look at the way these are designed. This angle shows the depth of the "shelf" for the IC's and the silicone to be "clamped" into place for each side. If you were going to try these on single sided memory you would need to fill this gap somehow. Now you can really see why Xigmatek says these are for double-sided memory only.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Cuirassier-N002]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Memory and Preparation]
- Page 7 [Installation of the Cuirassiers]
- Page 8 [Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand