Games and Movies
Now, I must also mention that when testing in analog mode I found the performance to be well and truly comparable to digital mode. In fact, I would struggle to tell the two apart; which is a good indication of high quality design elements in use here.
Given the massive market share that gamers now take up, it only seems logical to pivot this new technology off the largest market share. However, don't be put-off here; it's only marketing and these headphones cater very much to all users looking for a dedicated 5.1 solution.
Due to the less demanding nature of game audio, the X-Tatic should be able to closely translate its impressive musical performance through to gaming as well. But it's really the 5.1 positioning effects that gamers will be after so that they can hear the position of enemies around them and possibly gain a time advantage when shooting back.
For the gamer either casual or hardcore, I feel the X-Tatic will be a great product and certainly will aid gamers whom are perhaps making the transition from stereo to full 5.1. However, to only play games on these headphones, I feel, would be a slight overkill.
For movie viewing, the criteria changes again slightly with comfort playing a big part in success here. Aside from its hefty weight, the X-Tatic is extremely comfortable to wear with a really big padded band across the top and a lot of padding on the ear sections, too.
For the casual movie viewer I feel these are a really handy and innovative product to have available, being well and truly capable of handling the vast majority of Hollywood's best and loudest.
I feel that I can strongly recommend the X-Tatic right across the board; be it from gaming, to music, to movies. It does all three extremely well with only the slightest shortfalls, mainly with regard to the high-end which is really tricky to overcome without building in tweeters.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyssey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99