Games and Movies
Now, I must also mention that when testing in analog mode I found the performance to be well and truly comparable to digital mode. In fact, I would struggle to tell the two apart; which is a good indication of high quality design elements in use here.
Given the massive market share that gamers now take up, it only seems logical to pivot this new technology off the largest market share. However, don't be put-off here; it's only marketing and these headphones cater very much to all users looking for a dedicated 5.1 solution.
Due to the less demanding nature of game audio, the X-Tatic should be able to closely translate its impressive musical performance through to gaming as well. But it's really the 5.1 positioning effects that gamers will be after so that they can hear the position of enemies around them and possibly gain a time advantage when shooting back.
For the gamer either casual or hardcore, I feel the X-Tatic will be a great product and certainly will aid gamers whom are perhaps making the transition from stereo to full 5.1. However, to only play games on these headphones, I feel, would be a slight overkill.
For movie viewing, the criteria changes again slightly with comfort playing a big part in success here. Aside from its hefty weight, the X-Tatic is extremely comfortable to wear with a really big padded band across the top and a lot of padding on the ear sections, too.
For the casual movie viewer I feel these are a really handy and innovative product to have available, being well and truly capable of handling the vast majority of Hollywood's best and loudest.
I feel that I can strongly recommend the X-Tatic right across the board; be it from gaming, to music, to movies. It does all three extremely well with only the slightest shortfalls, mainly with regard to the high-end which is really tricky to overcome without building in tweeters.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology