Over the years I have watched 5.1 grow from a new and unfamiliar technology to something now found in most modern homes. Of course, when the technology first came out it was quite expensive and the performance was not fantastic. But now, we are seeing full 5.1 systems selling for under a $100 and every sound card also now offering at least 5.1 channel onboard audio.
Today we have a totally new product from a new company with hopes of shaking up everyone's idea of what 5.1 sound is and how it should sound to the listener. The company I'm talking about here is Sharkoon and what they have is a pair of headphones containing eight, yes, eight speakers! - Their main goal with the X-Tatic is to provide thrilling surround sound to the user in either analog or digital mode, all the while keeping to the benefits a pair of good headphones has to offer over a typical speaker setup.
I'm really looking forward to seeing just how well the surround experience comes across to the user in this tight space; something most other companies haven't been able to accomplish very effectively with their 5.1 headphone designs thus far. Let's now push onward and see what Sharkoon has in store for us with the X-Tatic Digital 5.1 headphones.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- Far Cry: Primal's story isn't linear, tied to building up your village
- This rugged Chromebook can be dropped from 2 feet off the ground
- Sony is bringing Crash Bandicoot back, says NECA exec
- Massive SSD's could be on the horizon with Micron's new 3D NAND tech
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives