The TRENDNet TK-IP101 is an impressive piece of equipment, even with the limitation of a 1600x1200 resolution. When you couple it up with an extra KVM for additional systems, it is even more so. Being able to view all of my systems at the console from out of the house or even from another room is quite a handy feature.
There are some down sides, though. Coming in with a price tag of around $400 (U.S.), it is not a cheap piece of hardware. Granted, it is meant to run in an enterprise environment as an IT connectivity device. However, there is a side market in the enthusiast world as well. As I mentioned above, I found it excellent for performing remote reinstallations as it was able to let me see all of the installation steps. I was also able to install a system without the need to switch back and forth between keyboards and monitors.
If you are in IT then the TK-IP101 is something you should seriously take a look at. If you are an enthusiast (or just a huge geek that needs all the toys) you also may want to take a look at the TK-IP101 as it just may fill a need you have never known about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications