The TRENDNet TK-IP101 is an impressive piece of equipment, even with the limitation of a 1600x1200 resolution. When you couple it up with an extra KVM for additional systems, it is even more so. Being able to view all of my systems at the console from out of the house or even from another room is quite a handy feature.
There are some down sides, though. Coming in with a price tag of around $400 (U.S.), it is not a cheap piece of hardware. Granted, it is meant to run in an enterprise environment as an IT connectivity device. However, there is a side market in the enthusiast world as well. As I mentioned above, I found it excellent for performing remote reinstallations as it was able to let me see all of the installation steps. I was also able to install a system without the need to switch back and forth between keyboards and monitors.
If you are in IT then the TK-IP101 is something you should seriously take a look at. If you are an enthusiast (or just a huge geek that needs all the toys) you also may want to take a look at the TK-IP101 as it just may fill a need you have never known about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Class-action suit filed against Apple over iPhone error 53
- Apple rumored to partner with Dr. Dre for TV drama
- Google will soon retire Picasa photo service
- Apple rumored to release iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 18
- AMD's new recruit teases the Radeon R9 Fury X2 dual-GPU card
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives