The TRENDNet TK-IP101 is a small unit; not much more than 8-inches long and barely 3/4 of an inch high. On the front of the TK-IP101 TRENDNet has put two PS/2 ports as well as a serial console RJ-11 port. Also on the front are four indicator lights; these let you know if you have any issues with connectivity and include, link, 10/100 LAN connection, video and power.
Flipping around to the back, you have the rest of your connections including VGA (for up to 1600x1200 resolutions), LAN (10/100), serial for power and other functions, and an output for your PC or to a bridge KVM. One other port of interest is the USB port. On paper this is to allow you to connect to a USB KVM or to connect to a PC via USB.
While I was able to connect to a single Windows PC using USB, I was never able to get this to work with the USB capable TK-423K. The keyboard and mouse indicated they had power, but would not respond on any connected PC.
A power port is located along the right side of the TK-IP101.
The four-port TK-423K is a much larger device; measuring almost 12-inches in length and roughly 2.5-inches in height. It has four buttons across the front with red LEDs next to them; these are for the individual systems. The selected system will light up solid red if it is on and connected properly. If the system is off or there is a problem with the connection, it will blink red.
The back side of the TK-423K is the business end; here you have all of your connectivity.
There are four system connection banks for your systems. These include a single connection for KVM out as well as audio (mic and stereo speakers). For input to the systems you have options for PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice, stereo speaker and mic inputs and VGA monitor out with supported resolutions of up to 2048x1536, which is pretty impressive for a VGA only KVM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog