It's nice to see that it hasn't taken Galaxy long to ramp up the GTX 275 in both the looks and clocks department. It's also excellent to see that the cooler they use isn't just there for looks; it does a fantastic job of keeping temps down while giving us even less noise.
As usual, all this comes at a cost and again it's at a cost that is higher than the HD 4890. This can be pretty easily justified, however, with the extra performance on offer. If that wasn't enough already, the big drop in noise and temperature should entice you that bit more to seal the deal.
Galaxy have done a really good job with this card; the clocks have been rounded off to a more even number and while the performance jump isn't huge, it's consistently present which is what we like to see. And we're also finding that at those times where we're only a smidgen away from that 30 FPS minimum, we're either there now or right next to it.
While the package doesn't consist of any games, we've got Galaxy's own overclocking software in the event you want to ramp the clocks up even higher along with all the standard cables we need.
What makes the card no doubt stand out from the rest, however, is the cooler and the performance that it offers. Just to keep it fresh, though, Galaxy have gone that little bit further and given us a native HDMI port on the I/O side of things. If you're looking for a GTX 275 that's going to stand out from the pack, this is one well worth looking at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.