The Air Live WN-300R has many great features. The isolated dual SSIDs is great for any small office and for homes that might have need for an isolated wireless network (for friends or wireless consoles). Where it all breaks down, however, is performance. It is simply not there yet. Air Live needs to allow for better selection of wireless specification (like N only or N+G). They also need to make certain pages of the firmware more intuitive.
I feel that the WN-300R is not meant for most homes; the features Air Live has put into the WN-300R are more in line with a small office or a home office that would have need for these options. The QoS while it had a list of services, did not include any games nor streaming video; it was more about common networking functions like HTTP, FTP, etc than what you would see in most homes.
Price was also a slight issue. At roughly $80 U.S. Dollars, the Air Live is a little pricey for its speed range, although some of the more advanced features help to make up for that. But this is only if you can use the extra features; if they are of no use then the price is going to be a problem at the speeds we saw.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league