I have had my doubts about power line adapters due to their slower 200Mbps maximum speeds. However, after working with a couple of sets I have changed my mind about them. I still highly recommend a surge protector with an RJ-45 connection; this will help in the event of a surge through the power lines. The HP-3000E from Air Live is a very nice kit. The setup utility is very easy to use and the adapters are a nice neutral color so they will not stand out (unless they are out in plain view).
Performance was great, even allowing for HD video to be streamed through them without stutter. The Air Live kit is more expensive than some of the other kits out and this puts it off as there is not a noticeable performance gain between the kits. There was also no QoS ability with the Air Live version of the Power Line setup utility; this is sort of a letdown as it could be helpful for managing traffic like gaming and streaming video.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4